After the goof-up of not heating the boards up enough for lead-free solder, I simply re-did the reflow with a 250°C temperature profile. This appears to be near the limit of what my reflow grill can do, btw.
Here’s a fully assembled JeeLink:
Note that I soldered all headers in, including two which aren’t supplied standard with the JeeLink:
As shipped, the JeeLink comes with the 4 port headers, not yet soldered in.
While it still takes me quite a bit of time to assemble these JeeLinks, all four of the ones I did are now working (ahem, that’s a lie: I shipped two JL’s without proper testing… impatient as I was!).
So this story has a happy ending – the JeeLinks are ok now, it’s time to move on …