ISP (re-)programming is going to become more important in the future, so I’ve built a few more of these:
The problem was to come up with a robust way to connect to the target board, but I think I’ve found a solution:
Take a 4-pin header, slightly enlarge the holes in the plastic, and then gently-but-forcefully press a couple of Pogo pins in there. I’m using the type with a large head with sharp edges. Here’s the whole assembly:
After that, it’s a matter of attaching all the wires and tying / glueing things together:
These units are all refurbished ones with a defective radio, since that’s not needed here.
The ZIP straps hold the battery and wires in place. The hot glue does the rest:
These programmers are considerably more effective than you might think – tomorrow, I’ll explain why…